Qualifications for Office
A person is qualified to be nominated, elected, and to hold office as a member of local government if they meet the following criteria:
- Canadian citizen;
- 18 years of age or older on general voting day [insert date of general voting day];
- resident of British Columbia for at least 6 months immediately before the day nomination papers are filed; and
- not disqualified under the Local Government Act or any other enactment from being nominated for, being elected to or holding the office, or be otherwise disqualified by law.
The nomination period is now over.
Candidate Expense Limits
Managed by Elections BC, the Local Elections Campaign Financing Act regulates how financial disclosures and other related actions are made. This legislation applies to candidates, elector organizations and those wishing to participate in the election process through advocacy.
Additional Candidate Resources
- Being an effective elected official – Government of BC
- The basics of general local elections – Government of BC
- The role of local elected officials – Government of BC
- General Local Elections 101 – Government of BC
- Thinking About Running for Local Office? – Government of BC
- What Every Candidate Needs to Know – Government of BC
- Supporting a Candidate for Local Elections – Government of BC
- Scrutineers Guide to General Local Elections – Government of BC
- Elector Organization Guide to Local Elections – Government of BC
For further information regarding the Hudson’s Hope municipal elections, please contact:
Location and Mailing Address:
9904 Dudley Drive, PO Box 330
Hudson’s Hope, BC V0C 1V0
8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday (excluding statutory holidays)