The campgrounds operate from May Long Weekend to Labour Day Long Weekend.
To book a campsite, click on the “Book Now” icon to the right. Click on the blue sites that are reservable to bring up available dates. The gray sites are non-reservable and are first come first served.
Located 7 km (4 miles) south of Hudson’s Hope off Hwy. 29.
Dinosaur Lake was created when the Peace Canyon Dam was completed in 1980 and named for the fossils of dinosaur footprints that were covered when the area was flooded. Bring your boat as you won’t want to miss going upstream to the bottom of the WAC Bennett Dam to look for eagles. Keep your eyes open for the abundant wildlife on the hills and beaver and fish in the lake.
Dinosaur Lake Park offers:
- Boat launch
- Seventeen dry sites
- Cooking boxes
- Fire pits
- Hiking trails
- Pets are allowed on leash
- Camping fees are $20.00 per night for first unit, additional units in the same site are $15.00 per night
- A maximum of four (4) additional units allowed per campsite if space permits, at the discretion of the campground attendants.
- Online reservations cost $20.00 per night, with a non-refundable reservation service fee of $6.00 per night per campsite to a maximum of $18.00 per booking.
- A reservation books for one camping unit per campsite. If allowed, a discounted fee of $15.00 will be charged for each unit and must be paid in cash.
- Firewood can be purchased from the campground attendant for $5.00 per bundle
Online campground reservations can be made for the current camping season starting the first Monday of May at 9:00 am (changed from May 1st as it landed on a weekend and no technical support available for customers).
If you are a resident of Hudson’s Hope you can purchase a Season Camping Pass at the District Office and receive a discount when booking online. You can also purchase a 7 night punch card from the Campground Attendants for $100.00. The punch cards do not need to be used all at once, but they do expire at the end of the current season and they do not have discount codes for booking online.
To make online reservations click the “Book Now” button above. Refer to the Reservation System Policy for more information.