District of Hudson’s Hope (“HUDSON’S HOPE”) is committed to protecting your privacy.
We comply with the provisions of British Columbia’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Our practices are designed to ensure compliance with these obligations.
This privacy statement explains how we protect your privacy as a visitor to our website located at: www.hudsonshope.ca and terms that apply to the use of our site.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND USE?
We only collect personal information through our website that you voluntarily provide to us. Examples include when you contact us through e-mail, submit an application or feedback form on line, or register for products or services.
HUDSON’S HOPE uses the information that it collects in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Generally, the information we use relates directly to a municipal program or activity and the purpose for which you have provided it. We also use information from the website to monitor activity, to administer sweepstakes and to provide you with services that you request such as our Newsletters. For example:
- Online Surveys. In order to better understand our citizen’s and stakeholder’s needs, occasionally we may ask you to provide us with personal information on a particular subject.
- Online Contests. From time to time, we sponsor games and sweepstakes online. To participate, we ask for your name, address, and email address, so we can notify you if you win, and may ask for other information. These online contests are optional.
- News and Promotional Communications. We collect and use your contact information to provide you with promotional offers, new announcements and other news about HUDSON’S HOPE. If you do not wish to receive our communications, let us know by contacting our Webmaster.
- Helpdesk / Online Support . When you contact our Helpdesk by phone, we ask for your name and phone number. When you contact our Helpdesk over the Internet, we ask for your name, phone number and email address. We may require further information in order to provide you with support. We retain your support history in order to provide faster and more accurate assistance.
WHAT OTHER INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
HUDSON’S HOPE ‘s website server automatically collects the following non-personally identifiable information from visitors of our site:
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer, which is a number automatically assigned to your computer when you are surfing the Web.
- the IP Address of your Internet Service Provider
- your browser and platform type (e.g. a Netscape browser on a Windows platform)
- the date and time you access our site
- the sections of the website you visit, as well as the pages read and the images viewed
- certain content that you download from the website
We do not link any of the above information with information that is personally identifiable to you. This means that although your session on our website is recorded, you remain anonymous to us. We collect this data in an aggregate format for a number of reasons. For example, the information about our visitors’ browsers tells us what kind of browsers we need to support. Other information lets us know how many visitors come to our site and what sections are the most popular. In this way, we can update and revise our website to be more appealing for our visitors and provide services of interest. We do not share this aggregate data with third parties.
DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
HUDSON’S HOPE does not give, rent or sell personal information about you to third parties.
However, in certain limited circumstances HUDSON’S HOPE may disclose your personal information as authorized or required by law.
OUR INFORMATION, LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES and HUDSON’S HOPE’S PARTNERS
We endeavour to post accurate information, however, we do not guarantee that all information on our website is always current or correct. If you have questions, you may contact us directly.
Our website has a number of external links that we believe may be useful to visitors. We cannot be held responsible for the content, performance security or privacy of other sites and partners. We make no warranty about their goods and services, the content on their websites or their protection of your personal information. This Policy does not apply to their activities and we encourage you to view their privacy policies and to contact these companies directly if you have any questions about their collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
HUDSON’S HOPE uses security measures to ensure that the information that you provide to us through our websites and that we retain on file are secure from loss, theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. These security measures include appropriate technologies, such as firewalls and fraud controls.
Due to the evolving nature of the law and technologies used by HUDSON’S HOPE to communicate with you, we may occasionally update this Policy. Please check this page periodically for changes.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, QUESTIONS, COMPLAINTS OR COMMENTS
With certain exceptions, you are entitled to full access to your personal information that we have on file and you may request that the information be deleted, updated or otherwise modified. An access request may be made to us at the e-mail address or telephone number below, as well as at the Municipal Office.
By email: email@example.com
By telephone: 250-783-9901