Geocaching is a real-world, outdoor treasure hunting game using GPS-enable devices. Participants navigate to a specific set of GPS coordinates and then attempt to find the geocache (container) hidden at that location.
What is the Hudson’s Hope Geo-Adventure?
A series of hidden geocaches in the Hudson’s Hope region. Find all the caches, complete this passport and receive a prize!
- Register for a free Basic Membership at www.gecoaching.com
- Use a GPS device and the clues provided on www.geocaching.com to search for geocaches in the Hudson’s Hope region.
- Record your finds online and in the geocache log books. Some geocaches will contain tradable objects. If you remove something from the cache, replace it with something of equal value.
- Hide the geocache exactly where you found it and move on to the next one.
- Collect the “secret word” from all aches listed on the passport and record them on this passport.
- When complete, redeem the passport to claim a District of Hudson’s Hope Coin.
- Share your experience with the geocaching community on www.geocaching.com.
The Geo-Adventure Passport can be completed by filling in the secret words that are located in the geocaches listed within the passport. Bring the completed passport to the District of Hudson’s Hope Office, 9904 Dudley Drive, Hudson’s Hope between 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, weekdays, excluding statutory holidays. If you can’t come to the Office you can scan and email the passport to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 250-783-9901.