Located 7 km (4 miles) south of Hudson’s Hope off Hwy. 29.
Dinosaur Lake was created when the Peace Canyon Dam was completed in 1980 and named for the fossils of dinosaur footprints that were covered when the area was flooded. Bring your boat as you won’t want to miss going upstream to the bottom of the WAC Bennett Dam to look for eagles. Keep your eyes open for the abundant wildlife on the hills and beaver and fish in the lake.
- boat launch
- seventeen dry sites
- cooking boxes
- fire pits
- hiking trails
- pets are allowed on leash
- Camping fees are $20.00 per night
- Online reservations cost $20.00 per night, with a non-refundable reservation service fee of $6.00 per night per campsite to a maximum of $18.00 per booking.
- A reservation books for one camping unit per campsite, additional camping units MAY be allowed if space permits, at the discretion of the campground attendants. If allowed, a discounted fee of $15.00 will be charged for each unit and must be paid in cash.
- Firewood can be purchased from the campground attendant for $5.00 per bundle
If you are a resident of Hudson’s Hope you can purchase a Season Camping Pass at the District Office and receive a discount when booking online. You can also purchase a 7 night punch card from the Campground Attendants for $100.00. The punch cards do not need to be used all at once, but they do expire at the end of the current season and they do not have discount codes for booking online.
To make online reservations click the “Book Now” button above. Refer to the Internet Reservation System Policy for more information.